Online Drivers Education Finds Comfort Partnering with Leading Austin Firm
AUSTIN, Texas, December 2017 – Have you ever wondered how drivers education could be more engaging and accessible? Well, there’s an app for that. At Aceable, students can complete drivers education and defensive driving online and on their own time. Founded in 2012, Aceable has turned the boring classroom lectures into the first-ever, fast-paced interactive mobile application for driver education. 350,000 graduates found success through the company and new students get #LicensedWithAceable each day. With their eyes forward on growth, Aceable still needed a solution to stay focused on core operations and build on quality financial for their investors as they expand into new states and industries.
Since its launch of online and mobile services, the company rapidly outgrew its local CPA partner to solely run its accounting function. The team still needed to maintain tight operations and expenditures, as they managed their investors’ funding.
In 2016, the Aceable leadership team chose 9Gauge, a local management consulting firm, as a solution. 9Gauge’s flexible, fractional business model took on the entire accounting department function. From controller to staff accountant, Aceable could focus on building its thriving business with all the support and no distraction.
Look at who we're speaking with on #GoodDayAustin. @VinceYoung10 is here with @aceable talking about a new campaign they're launching. It's set to educate drivers on the dangers of drinking while driving. Another live interview coming up at 8. @fox7austin pic.twitter.com/qOwSxt0wYY— JacquelineSarkissian (@JSarkissianFOX7) November 17, 2017
The 9Gauge Advantage
“Their accounting package is so complete. The team has helped me beyond just monthly close and reporting, but with financial modeling and day to day operations as well,” notes Aceable’s CFO, Randy Jonkers. “There is a variance analysis that goes with every single close. There are no surprises. Ever.”
Since 9Gauge signed on with the Aceable team, the consultants have owned every aspect of the accounting process – closing the books, paying bills, helping with audits, and managing revenue recognition. The team also added a forecast model – linking their actuals from QuickBooks to update their budget and forecast. This helps Aceable’s CFO save time analyzing and spend more time making better data-driven decisions.
9Gauge has also helped the organization with:
- Comparative Financial Analysis: Aceable can be more strategic with data models, scenario budgets, monthly actuals vs. budget, quarter-over-quarter forecasts, etc.
- Budget visibility: Jonkers can access a rolling forecast via software, rather than assess multiple Excel spreadsheet statements
- Cost & Operational efficiency: The company saves money by offloading their accounting and finance function to 9Gauge instead of hiring full-time employees, utilizing the right skills at the right level for the right amount of time
- Multi-industry financing: The team helps keep finances between the two product verticals separate to give an accurate representation of each vertical’s progress, as well as a financial picture of the parent company as a whole
- Ease of mind: 9Gauge consultants have combined decades of experience, allowing Aceable to trust that this department is in capable hands
“I’ve been very pleased working with 9Gauge,” remarks Jonkers. “They have completely exceeded my expectations of an outsourced accounting firm – both in their professionalism and attention to detail.”
Aceable: The New Standard for State-Approved Drivers Education
9Gauge continues its work with Aceable by operating as an extension to the organization. Courses are available to students in California, Florida, Illinois, Ohio, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Texas. Moving forward, the mobile education company continues to elevate the standard of driver’s education and take on new challenges, like real estate education.