Managing Financials, Planning and Reporting through Organizational Changes
As a leading Austin-based consulting firm, 9Gauge Partners continues to utilize its partnership with Adaptive Insights to leverage innovative CPM and business intelligence solutions to help leaders make better business decisions faster. Below is a detailed look into how Adaptive Insights can help your company’s needs:
Challenge: Did you know that…
- Nearly one quarter of CFOs say they expect a change in their fundamental business strategy over the coming year (Deloitte).
- More than 20% of CFOs expect a substantial merger or acquisition, more than 15% expect a substantial divestiture and about 14% expect to discontinue operation of a business unit (Deloitte).
- CFOs cite the biggest challenge with their financial systems is the inability to adapt them to change (Saugatuck Research).
Often finance struggles to keep pace with organizational change – new geographies, new acquisitions, new subsidiaries. This hampers the ability to get a reliable consolidated view of the business and a corporate level plan and forecast that’s driven from the bottom up. All of this means not just manual effort, but also risk.
Opportunity: What if you could…
- Adjust on the fly to organizational changes and mergers and acquisitions in stride?
- Gain forecasts from existing and new business units easily, and then roll them up automatically for a clear perspective of where the business is going?
- Adjust your plan quickly, based on the latest changes to the business structure and assumptions without having to wade through 100s of spreadsheets?
- Gain a consolidated and transparent view of business performance in real-time without having to wait for data and spreadsheets?
Solution: Adaptive helps by…
- Improving consolidation and close with a real-time financial consolidation engine that enables you to onboard new subsidiaries, roll up their financials, and get a consolidated view.
- Enabling you to change the structure of your organization for your plan on the fly, or create new business assumptions – all centrally, so everyone is on the same page when change occurs.
- Enabling new managers, business owners, and division heads to enter new assumptions easily and centrally, enabling finance to get a faster, more accurate view of change across the organization.
- “When adding new products to our plant, we can do it in real-time.” (Boston Scientific)
- DocuSign uses Adaptive to plan through double digit revenue growth and triple digit employee growth.
- “Adaptive is key to keeping up with our growth. If Adaptive fell off the earth, it would be like cutting off my arm.” (HortonWorks)