Manufacturing Businesses Grow, Evolve and Stay Competitive with NetSuite.
One of the biggest challenges for manufacturing is remaining competitive in the evolving industry, and without the right tools and systems, companies risk falling behind. Manufacturers looking to succeed and establish themselves in the market need a reliable, effective platform with robust capabilities that can address today’s business challenges.
Whether a company is running on an outdated system they’ve been using for 30 years or a young company that is quickly outgrowing QuickBooks and spreadsheets, many modern manufacturers are turning to NetSuite to manage their businesses.
Why NetSuite for Manufacturers?
Regardless of the size or age of a company, NetSuite addresses the challenges all modern businesses face with five distinct advantages:
- Reliable platform
- Industry-specific capabilities
- Global functionality
- Customer experience focus
- Flexibility to accommodate complex business models
NetSuite manages the entire manufacturing process flow from start to finish. The solution supports a variety of manufacturing initiatives including inventory management for multiple locations, bill of materials management, work order management, diverse measurement and bar coding methods, and more.
In addition to the core functions, NetSuite offers an Advanced Manufacturing edition, which helps manufacturers fulfill more complex requirements including:
- Manufacturing Execution Systems
- Bar Code Scanning
- Tablet Experience
- Advanced Routings
- Rough Cut Capacity Planning
- Resource Requirements Planning
- Quality Control
- Batch Control & Management
- Recipe/Formula Management
- Dynamic Reporting
- Release Management
How NetSuite Fulfills Manufacturers’ Needs
Each business is different and has its own set of unique goals and values. However, there are some universal needs that almost every business can agree on. Below are three common features manufacturers require and how NetSuite responds:
Need #1: “We Need a Sturdy, Reliable Platform”
NetSuite features you can count on:
- Scalable infrastructure
- International fiscal functionality
- Multi-level company structures
- Global supply chain functionality
Need #2: “We Need to Focus on Customer Experience”
How NetSuite can enhance customer experience:
- Enables implementation of both B2B and B2C portals that streamline order placement and improve customer satisfaction.
- Streamlines order management by transferring orders automatically to back-office fulfillment processes.
- Automatically creates dynamic price lists that reflect purchase volumes.
- Supports creation of coupons or discounts on specific items, enables exempting other items from discounts, and automatically delivers upsell recommendations.
- Provides search engine analysis, website analytics and reporting, online marketing analytics, and more.
- Accepts real-time payments from different credit cards and international currencies and supports Google Checkout or PayPal checkout options.
Need #3: “We Need a Flexible Solution”
How NetSuite provides flexibility:
- Functionality and a flexible platform make rapid changes in processes possible so that businesses can focus more on innovating and less on the software to support these innovations.
Provides extended capabilities for inventory control tracking, planning.
Integrates with many CAD applications, simplifying costing.
Supporting comprehensive inventory costing methods including LIFO, FIFO, average, standard, and actual costing.
Source: NetSuite Inc. 2016
Evolving Business in a Changing World
To this day, over 30,000 businesses have chosen the ERP that not only recognizes modern business trends but helps companies adapt and innovate in response. Considering making the switch? 9Gauge is an Oracle NetSuite Solution Provider Partner. We’ve been recognized as 2018 Partner of the Year at the #1 ERP convention globally, and NetSuite’s 2019 Partner of the Year in the General Business vertical twice in a row. We’ve helped business leaders in 200 companies — venture-backed start-ups to Fortune 100 — experience unprecedented growth through systems integration, financial advisory, and business intelligence solutions.
Visit 9Gauge.com, contact us, and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Glassdoor to get the latest information on 9Gauge, our services, clients, and partnerships, and how we can help you accelerate your vision.